Author Topic: [SUMMER 2017] the .chains. of the sea  (Read 871 times)

Description: x. Hrodi
years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

Black Widow Warlord Prince

the .chains. of the sea
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:31:18 PM »
The black widow warlord prince frowned as he pulled his horse to a stop in front of one of the properties he was considering leasing/buying with Hrodi. Hrodi was just getting back from a few days out to sea, he had been doing something dashing like chasing pirates. Or at least that’s what Nate liked to think. He had selected three places on the coast he wanted Hrodi to look at, so they could decide which they liked best. Many of the homes had been abandoned along the coast. Some of the district queens were trying to find their owners or sell them to help employ people. Nate had made sure the owners were accounted for, if alive, were willing to sell or lease depending what Hrodi and Nate decided. He wouldn't steal a house.

His horse moved uneasily under him and it pulled Nate from his thoughts. He wasn’t sure why he was sensing so much unease but scaring the horse wasn’t going to be helpful. He dismounted and tethered the horse to one of the fence posts. He narrowed his eyes and tried to figure out what was causing his unease.

A few heartbeats later he shielded, not because of a threat but it was the best way to protect himself. He was heedless to the thoughts Hrodi might have when he arrived to find Nate shielded. At this point, Nate was being pushed by his Craft. He easily made the mental side step into the Twisted Kingdom. He had been like his mother, called to the Kingdom over other possibilities of Black Widows. So he had sought out the current High Priestess of Dharo, Boudicca Loudain, for training. The last thing he wanted was to become mad. She had been very helpful, he still sought her out when he had questions.

He carefully walked the gray landscape to the edge of the cliff side of the property. He stared out to sea to see a broken gray ship. Its sails in tatters, the railing, deck were shattered. It wasn’t the same gray of the landscape, more the gray of a jewel. The scent of male and warlord prince was carried on the breeze. Enough symbols that Nate knew he needed out of the Twisted Kingdom or he would heed the siren’s call to run out to the ship. To see if it what he thought it was. It wasn't easy to step out when all he wanted to do was descend deeper. It wasn’t until his nails cut into his palms was Nate able to step back into reality.

He found himself a few feet off the cliffside, walking on air several dozens of feet above the beach below. Just in time for the familiar dark presence (Hrodi) to arrive at his back. Maybe he had been there for a while. Nate wasn’t sure, his mind still reeling. He looked down at the beach and waves below before takings the few steps backwards so his feet were on solid ground.

He unclenched his fists and examined the bleeding palms. However, he paid them little heed as he turned to move towards his friend and lover. Blue eyes examined him to make sure he was in one piece. Once he was sure Hrodi was whole and unharmed did Nate take a full breath. He didn't know what to say but he wanted to tell Hrodi he was grounded but Nate knew he couldn't say that. Wasn't even sure how to explain what he had been doing or the bleeding palms he doubted Hrodi would fail to notice. 

"Hrodi," was all Nate managed. "How was your trip?" He asked lamely, trying to avoid the subject of his antics.
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

Re: the .chains. of the sea
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:25:21 PM »
Hrodi wasn't sure if getting a place together was moving too quickly. Lucy had thought it was a good idea, mainly because she wanted to bug Nate more but didn't have an excuse to travel to the Troy Estate to drop in. A place on the coast would make it easy for her to do that. Hrodi had informed her that that wasn't the point of having a place together but by the smile on her face, he knew it made no difference to her. Not that she wouldn't give them privacy. She just liked to yank Hrodi's chain.

He was excited as he got to the place he and Nate were looking at first. The excitement lasted exactly as long as it took Hrodi to spot Nate, who was walking on air very far above the beach.

"Nate!" Hrodi shouted, drawing looks from a few people walking by. He ignored them as he ran towards the cliff. "Nate!" Hrodi shouted again as he skidded to a stop. He realized Nate was shielded, and wasn't responding to him. Hrodi paced back and forth, unsure of what to do. He had only once seen Nate use his Black Widow Craft, and it wasn't this. He was also used to Nate's dramatics, except when they involved walking off the edge of a cliff. It was a very long way down.

When Hrodi looked back to Nate, he seemed more aware, at least aware enough to move back to land. Hrodi resisted the urge to haul him further away from the cliff's edge. He wasn't sure where Nate's mind was at the moment. Instead, he put a Gray shield around them both. When Nate turned, he seemed to see Hrodi and not whatever it was that he was seeing before, presumably in the Twisted Kingdom. He stayed still with a confused look on his face as Nate examined him.

Hrodi spotted Nate's bleeding palms right away, but brought his eyes to Nate's when he spoke and proceeded to ignore the question his lover asked.

"What's wrong? Why are you shielded?" Hrodi asked. "And why were you out there?"

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:04:27 AM »
Nate wasn’t sure how to explain. He looked away, his eyes searching the forests as if they knew how to answer. They gave him no answers, not that he was expecting anything. He sighed and looked back at Hrodi. “I shielded so I wasn’t defenseless if someone came on me when I was in the Twisted Kingdom. “ He went to run a hand through his hair and remembered the cuts on his palm. He lowered his hand and tried not to wince. “I arrived and felt the pull, the whispers of the Twisted Kingdom. I couldn’t ignore it.”

Nate looked away again, this time out over his shoulder back to the sea. “The problem is figuring out," he paused as if considering his words. "If what I saw is the future or my nightmare,” he said in a whisper of a voice. There was an edge to his voice, laced with pain. His jaw clenched as he considered what he had seen. He looked back to Hrodi, his blue eyes troubled. “It was something to do with you; do you want to know what I saw?” He wasn’t sure he wanted to speak of it but he figured he would offer that to Hrodi. In case he wanted to know.

Nate called in his healing supplies, floated them on air next to him. He called in a flask of water to clean the cuts. They were not too deep but they hurt. He vanished the flask and looked up at Hrodi, waiting for an answer or something. That's when he noticed the few people who were walking on the main path. Nate hadn't realized or thought about there being people around. At least it seemed no one was bothered by his antics but Hrodi.
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
Wanting at least a little bit of contact with Nate, Hrodi moved towards him and and rested a hand on his hip, opposite the side where he was floating the healing supplies so that he wasn't in Nate's way. He listened with as much patience as he could muster while Nate explained what happened, and Hrodi followed Nate's gaze to the sea, although there was nothing there for him to look at. Hrodi met Nate's gaze again and his hand tightened on Nate's hip a bit when Nate told him a little about what he'd seen.

Did he want to know what Nate saw? He watched Nate treat the cuts on his hands while considering it. Knowing might not mean it could change. Nate wasn't even sure if it was the future. Maybe that was why Black Widows didn't often speak of what they saw in their webs or, in this case, the Twisted Kingdom. Maybe none of them could be certain about that. So, did he want to know? No, but...

"Would it help you to talk about it?" Hrodi asked instead of directly answering the question. Hrodi wasn't sure how to help Nate, but if letting him talk about what he'd seen would help him settle, then Hrodi would listen.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »
Nate pulled out an ointment to rub over the cuts. He winced as it stung. He bit the inside of his cheek and let his hands dry before he wrapped the palms of his hands with a cloth. Once he was finished, he made sure all of his supplies were back in their proper place before he vanished the kit. He looked up from his hands to Hrodi. His face still troubled. He took another deep breath was he considered his lover’s question. “No, I really don’t think it would help to talk about it. It will just make me feel worse I think.”

The warlord prince cupped his mate’s face with his bandaged hands, his eyes searching Hrodi’s blue eyes. He stepped close so his body was pressed against Hrodi’s, he kissed the other warlord prince hard. He pulled back after a time with a ragged breath. “Just promise me, when you go out again you will be careful.” His eyes shifted back and forth as he studied Hrodi. “Call me if something happens, I’ll get to you somehow,” he promised his heart in his voice and eyes.

He looked down, mentally setting aside what he could so they could move on with the day. He didn’t want to waste their day together. While Nate was in the process of stepping down and hopefully having less work to do, he still had a lot of his plate. Days alone with Hrodi were still rare enough, he valued every one. He dropped his hands from Hrodi’s face, “do you want to look at the house?”

Nate was pretty sure he couldn’t stay here, not when every time he’d look out to sea he’d see that broken Gray ship. However, if Hrodi wanted to stay here or at least look, he’d give him that. 
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
In silence, Hrodi watched as Nate took care of the cuts on his hands. He considered offering to help, but Nate seemed to have it handled. When he looked up, Hrodi brought his gaze up to meet Nate's. He found that he was a bit relieved when Nate decided that talking would only make it worse.

"Then you don't need to tell me." Hrodi brought his hand up to rest on Nate's wrist, sliding the other one from his hip to his lower back while he kissed Nate back. It felt different from the kisses they usually shared, a different sort of need, as though Nate needed reassurance this time and Hrodi was more than willing to give it.

"I will be, I promise," Hrodi agreed. He was always careful, but this time he was being given a warning by a Black Widow. It was unnerving. Against his better judgement, he almost wanted to ask what he had seen, and only the fact that it would make things worse for Nate kept the words from forming. Not knowing was probably better.

"Okay, I'll call you," Hrodi said, pulling Nate closer with the hand that was on his back. He wasn't sure what Nate would be able to do to help, but it was what he needed to hear right now, and it was the truth. This was not the sort of dramatics he was used to from Nate and Hrodi found himself unsettled by the whole thing.

Hrodi slid his hand back to Nate's hip as his lover's hands fell away from his face. He wasn't quite willing to give up all contact with Nate, but holding his hand wasn't an option right now due to the cuts on his palms. He glanced over at the house, and then out at the ocean. This had been one of the houses he was especially looking forward to seeing because it had this view of the ocean. Hrodi looked back at Nate. He had asked if Hrodi wanted to look at the house, rather than suggesting they go inside, and that made Hrodi think that he didn't want it anymore.

"Let's move on to the next one," Hrodi told him. He gently lifted Nate's hand without touching the bandage so that he could kiss his knuckles. "That was your horse out front, right?" He lowered the Gray shield since it wasn't needed anymore, although he was still worried about Nate.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:24:03 AM by Hrodi Boesson »

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:43 AM »
Used to holding hands with Hrodi when they went out Nate frowned a little at Hrodi’s hand and the gentleness of his touch. He smiled and carefully took his hand out of Hrodi’s and added a narrow shield over the bandages so he could touch without damaging his hand further. He slipped his hand back into Hrodi’s and nodded. “Yes that’s my horse out front; I’ll get the Inn to bring one up for you. I should have brought a coach for us. But I guess a horseback ride sounded romantic and I didn’t have to worry about a coachman.” He kissed Hrodi’s cheek, “the next one isn’t too much further down the path. I liked it better than this one; it has a tower from what the owner said.” Nate tried to change his mood so he wasn’t worrying Hrodi. There was a lingering worry and moodiness Nate’s was having problems shaking.

He messaged the Inn keeper for a horse. While they waited, Nate walked towards his horse with Hrodi at his side. “How long do you think you will be here for this time?” Hrodi’s schedule was largely random, at least to Nate’s mind. Sometimes he was free, sometimes he was at Bailey’s and most of the time he was on the coast or out to sea. Nate wasn’t sure Hrodi could survive without the sea. That’s partly why he had looked for properties on the coast, for Hrodi. Nate didn’t care much as long as they were alone.

The stableboy rode up with a pretty solid chestnut that Nate approved of. He may not have his cousin Chance’s eye for horses but Nate knew a good horse when he saw one. He let go to thank and tip the stable boy who rode a pony back down the hill to the village. Nate carefully ran his hands over the chestnut with a smile. He looked to Hrodi, “I might have to see if the Innkeeper will accept an offer. Its good horse, especially for someone of our build and wieght.” He offered the reins to Hrodi with a smile on his face, maybe a bit of mischief lurking his in blue eyes.
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »
Hrodi disagreed with the notion of a horse ride being romantic, but he didn't say so to Nate. He also didn't protest having the innkeeper send him a horse to ride; it would be faster than walking, which would leave more time to look at the houses.

"A tower would be interesting," he commented while walking with Nate, then grew silent while Nate spoke with the innkeeper. "Three days, maybe four," Hrodi answered Nate's question. "I brought my paperwork with me so I don't have to make a trip to the Territory court this time." Next time he would need to go meet with the Master of the Guard, but right now he had time with Nate. He looked over when the stableboy arrived with the horse he was to ride, and even Hrodi could admit that it was a nice looking horse. 

As Nate looked the horse over, Hrodi eyed the animal a bit warily and he was almost certain that it was looking at him in the same way, if horses were capable of such. He straightened a bit when Nate looked at him and hoped he had managed to remove the expression from his face in time while accepting the reins.

"Do you need another horse?" Hrodi asked. He knew by the look on his face that Nate probably didn't intend to buy the horse for himself, but Hrodi didn't want to appear to be assuming otherwise. He also didn't really want a horse. Between being out to sea, at the Territory Court, and visiting Nate, he spent little time in one place. There was also the fact that he did not particularly enjoy riding horses. He knew how and was alright at it, but he just didn't like being up so high on an animal he knew he would have little control over if something went wrong.

Still, he usually rode without complaint. Hrodi climbed up into the saddle and very carefully did not look down while waiting for Nate to be ready.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
“Since we probably won’t have the lease drawn up, if we decide on a house, we can go to Dalarna. Diana made a few suggestions of a few places we could get some privacy for a few days.” Nate offered after Hrodi had told him how long he would be here. He wasn’t pleased Hrodi had to deal with Lady Bailey as often as he did. However, Nate was aware Hrodi loved his job and Nate held his tongue. He did not catch Hrodi’s wariness around the horse.

Nate grinned at Hrodi’s question, “I can always use another horse. Or if his stock is good, I can see if Chance wants him. I wonder if he can handle a carriage.” He also thought it would be a good mount for Hrodi. If they did, in fact, get a place on the coast, having a few horses they could take off on made a lot of sense to Nate. He didn’t think Hrodi had a horse, to think of it, he rarely saw Hrodi on a horse.

Nate turned the reins he held over to Hrodi as he considered his last thought. He took the few strides over to his bay, untied her and mounted with ease. He moved his horse over to Hrodi’s. He seemed stiff but Nate wondered if that was just because it was an unknown horse. “Let me know how he handles on the ride,” he flashed a quick smile.

He turned his horse around and set off towards the other house. It was a couple miles down the path, away from the village. He could still hear the ocean and the brine in the air. He noticed the trees were different from around the Estates, a lot more moss and the bark was different. Made him a little curious if that was normal along the coast. He had never really paid much attraction. Usually, the water held his attention.

After a couple of miles, they arrived at the next place. Nate frowned, it was too perfect. The landscaped to an inch of its life. It made Nate’s lip curl a little. He wanted an escape not a reminder of his own life. He sighed, “I think I might be too picky,” he said as he looked to Hrodi. He looked back at the house this time. "I do like the tower."
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »
"Dalarna sounds good," Hrodi agreed. He supposed a Queen would know where privacy could be had, or at least the illusion of it. Hrodi could provide them with a fair amount of confidence that he and Nate wouldn't disturbed, but going to another Province with Nate would only help.

Hrodi tried not to be too tense in the saddle as they rode. It was difficult to relax though; he disliked how the horse moving felt, which was not specific to this horse. He also felt in general disconnected from the animal, which was also how he felt riding any horse. It made for an awkward feeling ride. At least the horse behaved, despite walking along with an unfamiliar mare.

When they got to the house, Hrodi immediately dismounted before even looking at the property. His feet hit the ground as Nate spoke and Hrodi looked up at him with his hands still on the saddle, one hand holding the reins.

"What's wrong with it?" Hrodi asked, looking over. It seemed well cared for, although he didn't necessarily care for what was done with the landscaping, but he figured that could be changed with time. Maybe they could hire someone, but buying a house was already going to stretch Hrodi's budget. He was not poor by any means, but the drought and war had taken its toll on the wages of a lot of people, and he was no exception. He had funds saved that he planned to someday use for a small boat, but he decided that he would be using them on this instead. Unless they did end up leasing rather than buying; that would make things somewhat easier.

"Did you still want to look inside?" Hrodi sure hoped so. He did not want to get right back onto the horse already.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:18:04 AM by Hrodi Boesson »

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
Nate shifted in the saddle, his eyes on the house not Hrodi. He slowly sighed, “yeah we can take a look. It just reminds me too much of home.” He dismounted and without thinking about it, took Hrodi’s reins in hand. He led the horses over to a post and hitched them. Therefore he didn’t have to go looking for them later. He walked back to Hrodi and took his hand in his as they walked towards the house. “I guess I want an escape. Not just for us but also from my family. I want somewhere more down to earth?” He shrugged as he called in the key that would allow him into the house.

He unlocked the door and stepped in before Hrodi could. He grinned at Hrodi, the playful mischief on his face as he tugged his lover into the house. He knew Hordi usually wanted to go first to protect him. Hrodi may not say that but Nate knew how him. He knew the instincts that drove their castes. He squeezed Hrodi’s hand and looked around at the entrance and the rooms he could see.

He did have to admit it wasn’t so bad on the inside. However, he thought it was bigger than they needed but he wasn’t sure. “So I was thinking we should actually think about what we want in a house. I was looking for one on the coast for you, so you could be by the water. I was thinking we needed a few more rooms than just a bedroom or two. An office for both of us would be good. I might be stepping down as the province ruler but I imagine my new position will still be a lot of work.” He gave his man a sidelong glance, “at least if I need help from the Navy I know where to go.” He shrugged, "I'd like to be able to escape here for a few days without getting behind on my work, I suppose that's why I want an office. What do you think?"
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:53 PM »
"That makes sense," Hrodi agreed. The place was somewhat similar to the Troy
Estate, so Hrodi could understand not wanting it. He didn't have the same sort of responsibility with his family as Nate had with the Troys. Hrodi was expected to keep up the family's professional relationship with the Troys, yes, but it was not the same thing.

As soon as Hrodi realized that Nate was walking in first, he reached out with his Gray, looking for anyone else in the house. It was likely an overreaction, but his family had been successfully targeted by a murderer, so maybe not. He gave Nate an unimpressed look, though he couldn't hold it and a smile quickly tugged at the corner of his mouth as he let Nate pull him inside. He glanced around at what they could see from the entry way and it seemed nice.

"I think a couple of offices would be good. Or bedrooms that we can turn into offices instead." Still holding Nate's hand, Hrodi moved further into the house so they could look around more. He thought that they would be more likely to find houses this size with multiple bedrooms rather than multiple offices. "Otherwise I don't think we want much space. It would be more to keep clean." Hrodi was used to cleaning his own home since they rarely employed much staff when he was growing up, and the war meant they had to have even less staff. He knew Nate's life was different, though.

"I guess we could hire a maid but I imagine when we're both here, we'll be in the same rooms most of the time unless we're each working on something so I don't think we'll need much space. Kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, offices?" He thought that was all they really needed, and since this was their space together, he didn't think they would need a separate, neutral bedroom.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:11:36 AM by Hrodi Boesson »

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 01:00:27 AM »
“I could learn how to clean and fold my own clothes,” Nate shrugged with a grin on his face. “I would like to avoid hiring staff. I want to be on our own. Our territory without dealing without other people.” He leaned over and kissed Hrodi’s cheek. “Which means you get to teach me how to survive…without people doing everything for me,” he said in a dead serious tone as followed Hrodi around the house. He did note Hrodi only said bedroom, not bedrooms. He gave Hrodi a considering look, “you think we can manage just one bedroom?” Things would tricky between warlord princes. Territorial only scratched the surface. Nate didn’t like separate bedrooms. Even if Hrodi stayed in Nate's suite at the Estate, Nate struggled not to get snarly. He didn’t like it but it was hard to change his instincts. Nate bit his cheek before he tugged Hrodi towards the stairs. “I want to look at the tower.”

Not that needed a tower but it was one of the features that had made Nate interested in this property in the first place. He had been half tempted to let Hrodi go first so he could ogle as they climbed the spiral staircase. However Nate was a bit excited about the tower and being high up, so he led the way. He had to drop Hrodi’s hand because of the stairs but he grinned once at the top. There was a small screened in room with a walk around deck outside. Without much of a thought, Nate opened the door and stepped out on the deck. His grin was huge, he glanced back at Hrodi. “I really like this tower."
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
"I think I can manage that," Hrodi said. Folding clothes wasn't difficult but he was also used to doing things like that while Nate wasn't. Hrodi wasn't sure if Nate was kidding since he had sounded serious. The other parts of the house looked nice enough to him, but he wasn't sure it was something Nate wanted. He also wasn't entirely sure about one bedroom and he shrugged.

"Well, we could try it and if it doesn't work, we convert offices so they're each an office and a bedroom, and then we have a neutral room like we do now." Unless Nate just wanted all of the rooms right away with offices separate from bedrooms. That was getting kind of big though and more than he wanted to spend time cleaning since it was meant to be an escape.

Hrodi managed not to sigh when Nate decided that it was time to go see the tower. He knew it was coming sometime and that he was not going to be able to figure out a good reason not to go up, so he followed Nate. It wasn't bad at the top, though Hrodi stood in the screened in room. Despite his initial apprehension, he found himself smiling back at Nate. It was nice to see him happy about something.

"It's a nice view of the sea from up here," Hrodi said. From where he was standing, he was unable to look straight down to the ground, which made things easier.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 10:36:07 PM »
Nate leaned over the railing to he could look down. He laughed, “I just want the tower Hrodi. Just the Tower. I wonder if I can move it.” He said jokingly but didn’t really like this place. It was too much like home. He wanted something different. He turned back to Hrodi, leaning against the railing. “You should come over and take a look. The ocean is pretty incredible.” He held out his hand and waited for Hrodi to take it. “I’d like to go look at the last one. It is a lot smaller but it’s further from the village.” 

Hrodi didn’t seem to like the tower as much as Nate. He pulled Hrodi towards the stairs so they could climb down. He realized he made his opinions known. He chewed on his lip before speaking. “Do you like this place Hrodi?”

He reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to look back at Hrodi as he waited for an answer. He dropped his gaze and hoped he hadn’t spoiled this place for Hrodi. He spoiled the last one with his vision. He kissed Hrodi's cheek when he found the courage. "Come one let's look at the other one."
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 12:16:55 AM »
Nate would want to move the tower. Hrodi smiled at him, knowing that he was joking... mostly. Although he was fine standing where he was, Hrodi stepped out onto the balcony and took Nate's hand. He didn't look down like Nate had since he didn't want to get a feeling of vertigo, and instead looked out over the ocean. He would never tire of looking at the ocean. Still, he was glad when Nate decided it was time to head back down and Hrodi followed him more willingly than when they climbed the tower.

"This place is alright," Hrodi shrugged. It wasn't all that special though, except for the tower. Right now, he was more concerned that there was something wrong with Nate. Was the vision still affecting him? The kiss on the cheek didn't help; it felt almost hesitant, a far cry from the way he and Nate usually interacted. Hrodi caught his arm, then brought both hands up to cup his face to lean in and kiss him. It wasn't a long kiss, and he pulled back, trying to get Nate to meet his gaze. After a couple seconds, Hrodi lowered his arms and took Nate's hand.

"A smaller place sounds better," Hrodi finally responded. "Probably means there's no tower for you, though. I don't need one... I don't really like heights." He went a little tense since he hadn't meant to say the last part. It wasn't something he had told anyone before, not even Lucy. It felt like admitting a weakness, but at least if anyone was safe for him to tell his weaknesses to, it was Nate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:00:46 AM by Hrodi Boesson »

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Warlord Prince of Amelia

Nathaniel Troy

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 12:58:40 AM »
Nate fisted his hand in Hrodi’s shirt when the other warlord prince cupped his face and kissed him. He search Hrodi’s eyes, not quite sure how to proceed. He wasn’t sure if he should explain himself. He just wasn’t sure how much Hrodi wanted to deal with his antics. He breathed out, “I feel I’m too vocal sometimes. I ruined the first place; we didn’t even look at it. Here, I haven’t liked it since we rode up. I’m worried I’m not giving you a voice in deciding on a place.” He looked away for a moment before looking back into Hrodi’s blue eyes. “I am sorry if I’m shutting your opinions down, that’s not what I want. Not when it’s us.” He held up their linked hand, “our choice, together.”

He cocked his head to the side and tried to understand what Hrodi had told him. He frowned, “you don’t like heights,” he said slowly. “Why did you let me drag up to the tower? I could have looked on my own or you could have told me no.” He didn’t want Hrodi uncomfortable. He was still trying to wrap his head around Hrodi not liking heights, which was like being afraid of heights? He didn’t think Hrodi was afraid of anything. He briefly wondered if Hrodi had disliked of heights because he pushed him out of the Fort often when they were kids. Not that he mentioned that to Hrodi.

He pulled Hrodi out of the house and locked the door behind them. He only let go of Hrodi’s hand to untie the horses and hand Hrodi the reins to his horse. “Is there anything else you don’t like? That I should be aware of?”
Where's my oar?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Naval Commander

Hrodi Boesson

Warlord Prince

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »
"I didn't really have a strong opinion one way or the other on this house," Hrodi shrugged. "It was just okay; nothing special, but not terrible, either." If Hrodi had really liked it, he would have said so, but he was generally lukewarm on it. If Nate had liked the house, he would have gone along with it. He didn't feel like Nate was trying to ignore his opinions.

Hrodi looked away, unsure of how to explain why he had let Nate talk him into going up into the tower. He hadn't really wanted to, but his dislike of heights also wasn't some paralyzing fear that he avoided at all costs. Sometimes he got vertigo while looking down from a great height.

"It didn't seem like a big deal, I guess," Hrodi shrugged, looking back to Nate. He liked being the caretaker rather than having someone take care of him. Hrodi let Nate lead him back to the horses and accepted the reins to the one he was borrowing. He didn't answer Nate until he had already climbed up onto the horse.

"I don't particularly enjoy riding horses, either -- for the height reason." Hrodi didn't want to tell Nate this, since he clearly enjoyed horseback riding, but Hrodi also didn't want to lie, and he thought Nate would want to know.

Once Nate was ready, Hrodi nudged his horse's sides to get them moving while making sure not to look down. He wasn't sure exactly where the next house was, so he let Nate lead the way.

Tags:

» Chatbox
» Recent Posts
Re: Affiliate with us!
by  | September 19, 2017, 08:04:05 PM
Site Name: Period Playby ProviderURL: periodplaybyprovider.tumblr.comB...
Re: Mountain Sound
by  | August 07, 2017, 08:50:57 AM
Was it food he wanted? Had he unpacked enough to cook? No to the secon...
Re: Learn Me Right
by  | July 26, 2017, 09:40:14 PM
Lucy was still staring at the horse when Chance arrived. She turned an...
by  | July 26, 2017, 09:24:11 PM
"I didn't really have a strong opinion one way or the other ...
Re: are they in .trouble. again?
by  | July 18, 2017, 11:51:53 PM
Unbothered by the light tapping against his arm, Chance laughed at the...
Re: .friends. and rivals
by  | July 17, 2017, 10:10:32 PM
This was not what Rainor expected. He merely glanced to the side when ...
Re: Rabbit Heart
by  | July 12, 2017, 12:22:18 PM
Of all things for Aaron to be angry about, Stella never would have gue...
Re: In Your Hands
by  | July 12, 2017, 12:19:18 PM
Penny blinked at Brice's reaction and then laughed lightly. Whate...
Re: good news for people who /love/ bad news
by  | July 05, 2017, 10:40:37 PM
The more time Tristian spent in the Steward role, the more he got used...
Re: Yellow Light
by  | July 05, 2017, 05:51:45 PM
Ah, pirates. They were something that was increasingly on Diana's...