Author Topic: [SPRING 2017] In Your Hands  (Read 751 times)

Description: Tag: Brice
years old
Dharo

Penelope an Clair

Black Widow

In Your Hands
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:39:01 PM »
Penny's visions of someone following herself and her brother - mostly Damian - had not gone away like she hoped they would. There was no more clarity, either. Just a dark figure, or sometimes a slowly creeping inky blackness that got closer and closer to her no matter what she did. It was upsetting at best and she really just wished it would go away or that she could get more information.

It all had her very unsettled, which was what led her to Brice's door. She knew she should not have left without verbally letting Damian know where she went, but she had left him a note. Several, in fact, so he couldn't miss at least one of them. She was worried that if she told him before leaving, he might try to stop her or ask where she was going, or worst off considering where she as going: come with her, and Penny wasn't ready to introduce Brice to him yet. It would be a while, she thought, before she was ready for that.

So instead, she arrived alone at Brice's door and knocked, hoping that he was alone. She didn't really plan to tell him what had been going on, at least not specifically. But just being around him would be helpful. She hoped.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Day Laborer

Brice Everett

Prince

Re: In Your Hands
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »
The unexpected knock on the door kicked in the battled hone instincts of the Opal Jeweled Prince.  With his daughter staying the night had his mothers, the Prince had planned on having a quiet day at home.  His nerves had been more on edge than normal as memories of the war scared and haunted his dreams.  He had been snappy enough at everyone to warrant the time way from his court duties, and the last thing that he wanted to was to hurt his young child. 

He had been riding the edge of those memories when the knock came, and quickly sent him hurdling down the path to the killing edge.  That was until he recognized the scent and feel of Penny.  He was able to relax for a just a second when a different kind of worry over took him; a worry that something might be wrong, which is what sent him flying to the front door. 

“Penny,” he greeted her as she opened the door wide enough for her to enter his home, “Is everything okay?” The worry he was feeling rolled off of him in waves as his harden eyes scanned the area for any potential threats.   “Come in.”

years old
Dharo

Penelope an Clair

Black Widow

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:02 PM »
The door opened more quickly than Penny had been expecting and she jumped before looking up to Brice's worried face. She wasn't entirely sure how to answer his question now. She had a couple of seconds longer to think on it as he ushered her into his house. Lying certainly wasn't an option, and he could probably tell that something was wrong anyway, especially since she had shown up unannounced. Usually she would have checked first because he had a daughter and might be busy.

She kept her eyes on the wall as she shrugged out of her coat and then vanished it, then decided she had to tell him something, even if she wasn't able to tell him everything because nothing she saw was clear. It was good because if she had details, she didn't want to scare him with them.

"My tangled webs have been a bit... unnerving lately. I can't get anything specific from them. I just needed to get away, I guess. To come see you." She already felt better for being here, which was what she had hoped for. Nothing in her webs indicated that he was in danger, at least. It was focused on herself, but even more so her brother.

"How are you?" She looked up and offered him a small smile.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Day Laborer

Brice Everett

Prince

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
His dark brown eyes regarded the Summer Sky Black Widow and weighted what she was telling him against the scales of truth and concluded that there was more to the woman’s words, but not enough that he would push to know the answer.  Instead, he reached out for her and pulled her close.  The gesture was meant to be a comforting for her, but the instant that his arms wrapped around her, he could feel the warmth of her skin against him, he found his own anchor in the storm that was raging in his own mind.  “Better now,” he whispered softly into the woman’s hair as he relaxed.  “I made dinner; there should be enough for both of us if you want to stay and talk a bit.” 

Moving the two them both into the kitchen, he pulled out one of the worn chairs at the table and let his lady sit.  “It is only pot roast,” he commented as he pulled the roasting pan out of the oven.  Thankfully, the meat didn’t look over cooked like the last time.  Placing the pan on the stove, he took gave the meat a long look and then shrugs.  “I guess there is only one way to find out if it is done.” 

It only took a few minutes for the Prince to slice up the roast and make too plates.  The meat was a bit pinker in the middle than he had planned on, but it looked editable enough.  The vegetables where soft if not a bit bland.  “Maybe I should get a cook,” he said in the way of apology as he set a plate down in front of both places.  “Wine?”

years old
Dharo

Penelope an Clair

Black Widow

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
The hug was a pleasant surprise for Penny and she slid her arms around Brice's middle, willingly accepting the comfort he was offering. His answer to the question had her hugging him a bit more tightly, unsure of what was causing him trouble. She thought that there was more to the worry he had been showing when he opened the door, especially with the way he was relaxing now. Before she could ask, he was inviting her to eat with him.

"Okay," she agreed and reluctantly let go of him. Penny sat in the chair he pulled out for her, feeling like she should do something to help him with dinner, even though he clearly had it under control. Mostly she just wanted to be closer to him.

"It smells really good," she said in response to Brice telling her what he had made. She wanted to invite him over for dinner sometime, but she wasn't sure how that would work since she and her brother lived together, which might not be so bad if he wasn't a Black Jeweled Warlord Prince. Penny pulled her chair in a bit as Brice set the food down and she smiled up at him when he offered wine.

"That sounds good," she agreed, and she waited until he was seated to pick up her fork. "I'm sorry for just dropping in like this. I just... I needed to get away for a little while. To see you." Now that she was here, it seemed a bit silly. What if he had been busy?

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Day Laborer

Brice Everett

Prince

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
"Why are you sorry," responded Brice as he passed her the wine glass.  "You should never feel sorry for dropping by."  If he was honest, he wished that she would drop by more often so he could see her more.  He didn't like the feeling that every time that they saw each other it was like they where two teenagers sneaking around. If it was up to him, he would have let the world know that he was interested in her and if anyone else had a problem with it, they could take it up with him.  But he knew that she... or more importantly that brother of her's... wasn't ready for that sort of public attention.  "You are always welcome here," he told her softly, "Even if I am not around, you can always come here and get away." 

It took some effort to pick up his fork and put the first bite of food in his mouth.  Something was really bothering her and the possessive side of them wanted to root out the problem and tackled it head on.  Her webs weren't doing what she wanted them too.  That was bad in its own right, but it was nothing that he could fix and that annoyed him.  So instead, he would have to settle for bing a distraction.  "How long can you stay?" He asked her; his voice suddenly turning into a hopeful teenager betraying the hope that she could stay the night.  Oh, yes, he hoped that she could stay the night, because frankly he knew of several ways a Prince could distract a Widow from her thoughts... and not all of the involved sex. 

years old
Dharo

Penelope an Clair

Black Widow

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
"Your daughter could have been here," she said. "I didn't even check first." They had been taking things slowly in that regard, which Penelope understood and appreciated. It would be a big deal for her to get to know his daughter, especially if their relationship ended up not working out because it would only make things more difficult. Not that Penny was expecting that, but she still agreed with the idea of going slowly.

Maybe this was the next step, though.

"But thank you," she added. "I will probably take you up on that offer." Penny loved her brother but as all siblings did from time to time, they sometimes just needed a bit of a break from each other.

How long she could stay was a good question. She would have to let Damian know, only because her notes hadn't indicated that she would be gone the night and she didn't want him to worry. She wouldn't be seeking permission, though, and telling him could come later.

"I can stay the night, if you want," Penny replied. A night away might help her settle her thoughts because she would be focused on other things.

years old
Dharo
Occupation
Day Laborer

Brice Everett

Prince

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »
It was sort of sweet that she was worried about his daughter being home; after all, they had been very deliberate in making sure that the young witch was unaware of their relationship.  But as the Summer Sky woman was sitting across the table from her, he suddenly felt the whole thing keeping their relationship from Eleanor silly.   He wanted nothing more than to see the two most important women in his life sitting together and enjoying a meal as a family. 

His mind dwell on that particular mental image that he had almost missed the all-important words that came out of his lover’s mouth (He wasn’t expecting a yes after all). If he wanted? He was trying hard to suppress the desire to jump up in down with excitement and then sweep the woman up in his arms and show her how much he wanted her to stay.  Instead, he just simply replied with a “I would like that very much.”  Then because, he couldn’t help himself, he added as he quickly dug into his own food “We should eat then.”

years old
Dharo

Penelope an Clair

Black Widow

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 12:19:18 PM »
Penny blinked at Brice's reaction and then laughed lightly. Whatever had been on his mind when she arrived seemed like it was gone now. The happiness was contagious and she found herself feeling a bit emotionally lighter. Coming here was definitely a good idea, and if this was the effect it would always have, she would be coming here more often, although she would probably still give him a heads up first next time.

"I think you're right," Penny said, taking a bite of her food. She would need to decide how she was going to tell Damian she was staying, and she decided that it was probably best to tell him sooner rather than later.

Once her food was gone, Penny decided on what she was going to say to Damian and quickly let him know that she was going to stay with Brice tonight and that she wanted Damian to meet him soon. Not right away though because she doubted that would go over well, but he did need to meet Brice.

"Do you want help with the dishes?" Penny asked Brice.

Tags:

» Chatbox
» Recent Posts
Re: Affiliate with us!
by  | September 19, 2017, 08:04:05 PM
Site Name: Period Playby ProviderURL: periodplaybyprovider.tumblr.comB...
Re: Mountain Sound
by  | August 07, 2017, 08:50:57 AM
Was it food he wanted? Had he unpacked enough to cook? No to the secon...
Re: Learn Me Right
by  | July 26, 2017, 09:40:14 PM
Lucy was still staring at the horse when Chance arrived. She turned an...
Re: the .chains. of the sea
by  | July 26, 2017, 09:24:11 PM
"I didn't really have a strong opinion one way or the other ...
Re: are they in .trouble. again?
by  | July 18, 2017, 11:51:53 PM
Unbothered by the light tapping against his arm, Chance laughed at the...
Re: .friends. and rivals
by  | July 17, 2017, 10:10:32 PM
This was not what Rainor expected. He merely glanced to the side when ...
Re: Rabbit Heart
by  | July 12, 2017, 12:22:18 PM
Of all things for Aaron to be angry about, Stella never would have gue...
by  | July 12, 2017, 12:19:18 PM
Penny blinked at Brice's reaction and then laughed lightly. Whate...
Re: good news for people who /love/ bad news
by  | July 05, 2017, 10:40:37 PM
The more time Tristian spent in the Steward role, the more he got used...
Re: Yellow Light
by  | July 05, 2017, 05:51:45 PM
Ah, pirates. They were something that was increasingly on Diana's...